Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2014

Weeding -Full time job!

I have been busy trying to get ahead of the weeds that have gotten ahead of me.   The warm days have caused a flush of growth in the weeds.   One of the most aggressive weeds is fox tail.   I shouldn't have let them get so big because all the seeds get stuck on my clothes and poke though, which is annoying.  Your never sure if something is biting you, or its just a foxtail poking me.   Here's a picture of my legs and hands.   I get down in the rows and kneel on the groung which makes my very dirty, but that's the fun of gardening.  You need to get each one individually, because if you don't pull at the base, the roots will stay and re-sprout.

 Here is one row weeded exposing a row of bearded iris that weren't getting any sun.


Here is a picture after another row of gladiolus that is free of weeds.   More rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment