Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The orchard!

The property I am using has a 2 acre orchard.  There are plum, apricot, apple, fig, nectarine, orange, grapefruit, avocado and some I probably overlooked.    The trees haven't been maintained over the past couple years.   The owner is a widow, her husband died of cancer a couple years ago.   My plans is to include orchard fruit in the CSA boxes in a year.     Here are some of the pictures of the trees.   I am watering them from the pond when the pictures were taken.   Some of the grapefruit trees have 3 years of fruit on them and need picked.  Its hard on the trees to leave all the fruit hanging.  Some also need pruned and some may need to be replaced.  For now I am working on my flowers and setting up the areas to plant my winter vegetables for my CSA endeavor.  









No comments:

Post a Comment