Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2014

Fox Farm

I have been struggling to come up with a name of my little garden area.   Since I will be growing vegetables for sale in the future, It is recommended the I set up a LLC, therefore, I need a name.   This name is a variation of a name suggested by a friend on mine - Susan W.   The genesis of her name choice is that there is a pair of gray fox that had lived on the property for a couple year and raise a family there.   She suggested Foxy farm, but since I am no means Foxy - I chose the more masculine version.    Is it really a farm?  Yes, it could be.  There are corrals for horses of cows, and a chicken coop.  I don't have any plans to raise any cows or have a horse as they are a lot of work and I don't have time to ride a horse.   I may get some chickens next spring  -  hens to lay some eggs.  Roosters are out of the questions considering the proximity of homes to the ranch and I have to be a good neighbor.   People in the city don't appreciate a rooster crowing at the crack of dawn like those of us who were raised on a farm.
Here are some of the pictures of the corrals and chicken coop.  The corrals are really nice with metal roofs on part to provide shade,  misters, and automatic drinking fountains.



No comments:

Post a Comment