Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2014

Fox Farm

I have been struggling to come up with a name of my little garden area.   Since I will be growing vegetables for sale in the future, It is recommended the I set up a LLC, therefore, I need a name.   This name is a variation of a name suggested by a friend on mine - Susan W.   The genesis of her name choice is that there is a pair of gray fox that had lived on the property for a couple year and raise a family there.   She suggested Foxy farm, but since I am no means Foxy - I chose the more masculine version.    Is it really a farm?  Yes, it could be.  There are corrals for horses of cows, and a chicken coop.  I don't have any plans to raise any cows or have a horse as they are a lot of work and I don't have time to ride a horse.   I may get some chickens next spring  -  hens to lay some eggs.  Roosters are out of the questions considering the proximity of homes to the ranch and I have to be a good neighbor.   People in the city don't appreciate a rooster crowing at the crack of dawn like those of us who were raised on a farm.
Here are some of the pictures of the corrals and chicken coop.  The corrals are really nice with metal roofs on part to provide shade,  misters, and automatic drinking fountains.