Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Planting Update - China Gold Chinese Cabbage and Riverside Sweet Spanish Onion.

I planted a couple more trays tonight.

I planted China Gold Chinese Cabbage.  This is a tall barrel shaped cabbage with tight yellow interiors with a mild flavor.   I should have mature heads in about 65 days.

Here is a stock picture of a mature head.


I also planted some storage onions.  They are onions that will keep in a cool dry place for 2-3 months.  The variety is Riverside Sweet Spanish.  Its a mild white onion.   I should have decent size onions in 119 days.    I will be planting them at my farm and also selling seedling of both of these at my plant sale around the first week of December

Here's what the Sweet Spanish onions look like mature.



No comments:

Post a Comment