Search This Blog

Friday, May 9, 2014

A Big Pile of Dirt!

I received a load of planting mix at the my new location today.     This dirt was purchased from Growers choice in Perris Valley, CA.     Its a nice load of dirt, and their is a lot of organic material in the soil.  They charge $27.00 for 1 cubic yard which will fill the bed of a small pickup.   The pile in the pictures is 8 cubic yards and will fill 6-7 of my raised beds.  One pictures shows my ranger beside the pile to give you a reference point showing how big the pile is.   I will be adding some topsoil to it as I place it in my beds.     Their is an old saying - "if you spend a dollar on seeds or plants,  spend $10.00 on soil".   Good loamy, nutrient rich soil will help plants ward off insects and diseases, so you don't have to use pesticides or herbicides. Their address and phone number is Growers Choice


30510 Murrieta Rd, Perris Valley, CA 92584
(951) 246-1492

No comments:

Post a Comment