Search This Blog

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Rain - Finally

We have received a couple inches of rain - the first real rain for the rainy season.  What a lot of people don't realize - that it doesn't rain for months on end in Southern California.   Our rainy season is from November to March or April.   We received a couple inches of rain in Riverside, CA that last couple of days.   Some parts of Southern California reached got 3-4 inches.   That mean's I won't have to water my bulbs and plants for 2-3 weeks.  The soil I chose keeps damp for a couple weeks.   We will have to see how it holds up this summer with the longer and hotter days.    I hope this is a trend and we get more rain before the end of April.  After the End of April - It will not rain until the fall again.    I haven't been out to my garden spot for a few days.  Will be going out Monday - my first day off - to see what is coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment