Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Rebuilding the Orchard - More Apple trees

This orchard has a Agricultural water meter which means I get a little break on the water bill.     I need to keep 75 fruit or nut trees on the property which is subject to a water dept audit.  I was down to 74 trees.   I planted three more trees today.  We planted a mid pride peach, and also a Golden Dorsett apple tree which is the pollinator for the Anna Apple I planted last week.  Finally, I planted a Pluot which is a cross between a apricot and plum.   Here are some pictures of the planted Trees.  Thanks to Nick from the Riverside Food Cooperative who helped plant the trees today.  The white fluff ball is a the neighbors dog who loves to visit me when I am working in back.




No comments:

Post a Comment