Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

This is my first attempt at blogging.   I grew up on a farm in South Dakota with all the typical farm animals.  Cows, turkeys, pigs, chickens, geese, ducks and sometimes a billygoat.   I now live in Riverside Ca which is east of Los Angeles, and densely populated.   Most yards are less that a 10th of an acre and raising animals other than a dog or cat isn't allowed.   I am starting a nursery on some rented land to raise and propagate dahlias, amaryllis, irises, gladiolus, and irises.    I also decided to start growing vegetables on another portion of property I found near my house.   Its a beautiful property with lots of potential.   There are 2.5 acres with a stocked fish pond, corrals, chicken coop, and 65 tree orchard.   I will be posting regularly on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment