Search This Blog

Monday, October 30, 2017

Hitchhiking Bird!

I ordered some day old ducks and geese and when I received the box and removed them, there was a little bird in the bottom of the box.    I wasn't sure what it was.   Looked like a pheasant, but was too small for a pheasant.   I called the hatchery which shipped the ducklings and goslings.    They didn't put him in there so what we figured that it escaped from a box at a post office somewhere in transit.   The postal employees caught it and put it in my box. 

Here is a picture of the ducklings and goslings in the box they were shipped.
 Here is the picture of the bird that was hitching a ride.



I kept the bird for 3 months until it was bigger.   It turned out to be a chukar partridge.   I found someone who was breeding pheasants and partridge in Jurupa Valley and donated the bird to them.

Here is a picture of an adult chukar




No comments:

Post a Comment