Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Flames on Peaches = Very sweet peaches!

 When you purchase most peaches in a large grocery store chain, they tend to be rather hard and will not taste the same as a tree ripened peach.   The reason for this is that tree ripened peaches are very fragile and do not ship well.     Most commercial peach growers will pick them firm and usually under ripe.   The reason for this is that peaches will travel two weeks on average from grower to the produce aisle.   That means the peaches aren't allowed to develop that full and sweet peach flavor.

I have 6 peach trees at Fox Farm and I planted different varieties that produce at different times of the year.    I allow them to  remain on the tree until they are completely ripe and soft.  What happens  that the sun will make parts of the peach red, but the leaves will leave shadows on the leaves.   This doesn't happen with commercial peaches because they aren't left on the trees long enough for this to happen.   I call them flames.   I have attached a couple pictures of peaches from last years crop and you can clearly see the outline of the leaves where the sun was blocked.   This doesn't mean the peach isn't ripe in the shadows, the peach will be fully ripe.   It makes for a very pretty peach.






2 comments:

  1. Hi everyone, My name is Jennifer K. From New Jersey, I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Anderson Loan Finance. and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $15,000,00 dollars which I applied for. This is really a good news and I am so very happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are very sure to repay back the loan to apply through their email (text or call) +1 719 629 0982. There are sincere loan lenders! They are capable to lend you a loan. Contact Mr Anderson

    E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

    Phone: +1 719 629 0982


    E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

    Visit Them Office address is (68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 812400).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon, I stumbled across your blog. Are you growing enough to sell, or are you at a farmer's market or part of a CSA? Thanks

    ReplyDelete